Commonwealth Medical Center offers a convenient solution when you or your child needs a physical. While coordinating a time to visit the doctor with your busy schedule is never easy, our walk-in clinic is always ready to handle your medical needs.
For any sort of physical, visit Commonwealth Medical Center today! Call if you have questions or contact us online!
Why Are Physicals Important?
By screening for illnesses, ailments, and diseases, a physical will help determine if your health will jeopardize your ability to perform and participate in certain activities safely. They are also crucial for spotting health issues before they become more serious.
By getting a physical before school, college, or starting employment, you can rest assured that your health is in good condition and focus on what really matters.
For a quick and easy physical in Arlington, visit Commonwealth Medical Center today! Call 703-687-6791 or contact us online for more details!
What Can I Expect During a Physical?
Physicals can be different depending on why you are receiving them, but they generally consist of similar segments. These include:
- A discussion regarding medical history. Medical professionals will review the current state of your life and how it may affect your health. They could ask questions related to any pre-existing conditions, diet, drug use, sexual history, and more.
- A physical examination. This standard practice consists of checking many different vital signs and functions.
- Recording height and weight
- Checking blood pressure and pulse
- Testing joints
- Checking heart, lungs, abdomen, ears, nose, and throat
- Additional lab tests if needed. Depending on the purpose of the physical, additional lab services may be required. These could include urinalysis, a blood count, or anything else deemed appropriate.
When Do I Need a Physical?
Various organizations or groups may require physicals. Each type of physical can be unique in what tests it consists of, but they are all done to ensure your health is in good standing. Examples of the types of physicals we offer are:
- School physicals. This physical exam allows parents to be sure their children are in good health before the beginning of the school year.
- Sports physicals. Across the United States, undergoing a pre-participation physical examination for sports is required by law. Children and young adults undergo sports physicals to ensure they aren’t at risk for developing or aggravating sports-related conditions or injuries.
- DOT physicals. This exam ensures that you can safely operate a commercial motor vehicle. A DOT physical consists of unique rules and qualifications, but the team at Commonwealth Medical Center makes it easy to get your physical and get on your way.
- Pre-employment physicals. Depending on the nature of a job, an employer may request a candidate undergo a pre-employment physical.
No matter which type of physical you require, you can count on Commonwealth Medical Center to provide you with fast, convenient medical attention. Just bring the appropriate physical forms—we’ll take care of the rest!
Is This a Life-Threatening Emergency?
Certain conditions are not appropriate for urgent care. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Life-threatening situations
- Serious and sudden medical conditions
If you or a loved one is experiencing a life-threatening emergency, call 9-1-1 or find safe transportation to the emergency room near you.