Every flu season, you run the risk of contracting the newest strain of the influenza virus. The flu can be an inconvenient, and sometimes dangerous, sickness that you’ll want to avoid at all costs. To keep yourself and your family healthy, visit Commonwealth Medical Center. We’re an expertly staffed, well equipped urgent care that provides flu shots in Arlington, VA. At our walk-in clinic, you’ll never have to wait to see a medical professional. Simply stop in at your convenience and get your flu shot, so you can be protected all flu season long.
Are you due for a flu shot? Call or contact us online to learn more about getting your flu shot at our urgent care clinic.
Why Should I Get a Flu Shot?
Did you know getting the flu shot can reduce your risk of having to get medical care for the flu by as much as 60 percent? The flu has been known to keep people sick in bed for at least a week and, in some extreme cases, even be fatal. Your best chance to avoid any symptoms is to get your flu shot at Commonwealth Medical Center. The CDC recommends influenza vaccinations especially for those with weakened immune systems, pregnant mothers, children, and the elderly.
While the flu vaccination is the best way to avoid contracting the illness, you can also practice some other methods to reduce the chance of coming into contact with the disease. It’s important to remember to wash your hands often, try to avoid touching your mouth, eyes, and nose, and avoid others who have contracted the flu.
Flu Shot FAQ’s
- How long does it take before the flu shot works? When it comes to your flu shot, the earlier you can get it, the better. It will take about two weeks for the vaccination to properly ready your immune system for the flu.
- Does the flu shot give you the flu? While flu shots contain elements of the virus itself, it is inactive, and cannot actually make you sick with the flu.
- Will I feel sick after getting the flu shot? Some people do report having mild reactions to the flu vaccine. Symptoms like body aches or a low fever have been reported, but these won’t last long. It’s important to understand that not everyone experiences these reactions and that this is not the flu.
Choose Commonwealth Medical Center for Your Flu Shot
If you are due for your flu shot in Arlington or the surrounding areas, Commonwealth Medical Center is a logical choice. When you visit us for this important vaccination, you will enjoy:
- Friendly, personalized attention
- Fast, convenient service
- The ability to use most major insurance providers
- Weekend and evening appointments that fit your schedule
- Flu shots for people of all ages
- Convenient, easy-to-access location
With Commonwealth Medical Center, you don’t have to wait for an appointment. Simply stop in at your convenience to your flu shot at our Arlington clinic.
Is This a Life-Threatening Emergency?
Certain conditions are not appropriate for urgent care. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Life-threatening situations
- Serious and sudden medical conditions
If you or a loved one is experiencing a life-threatening emergency, call 9-1-1 or find safe transportation to the emergency room near you.